distinctive 'crown' of feathers) who probably took a wrong turn from Morocco ...
Thanks to Señor Hoopoe's skipping a few Geography classes, we're the beneficiaries!
Linked to: Scenic Weekends, Shadow Shot Sunday2, Straight out of the Camera Sunday, Monday Mellow Yellows, Macro Monday2, I Heart Macro, Our Beautiful World, Blue Monday, Ruby Tuesday, Our World Tuesday, Skywatch Friday,Weekend Reflections & Alphabe-Thursday where ‘O’ is for OMG! – *W*eird and *W*onderful Spanish fiestas!
In Spain, there’s always a fiesta, local, regional or national. Andalucia alone has 3,000 annually ranging from romerias (pilgrimages), verbenas (night fairs) to ferias ( fairs) and festivales. Here’s a taste:
1. La Tomatina in Buñol:
2. Holy Week processions take place every evening pre-Easter
3. Puppets stuffed with fireworks set on fire on day of La Crema
4. Warriors parade celebrating Moros y Cristianos in Alcoy
5. San Sebastian’s La Tamborrada
6. A nominee for Queen of Santa Cruz de Tenerife carnival
7. Puerta del Sol, Madrid – New Year’s Eve
ANY WEIRD / WONDERFUL FESTIVALS WHERE YOU LIVE?
And, finally, thank you to all our dear readers who visited or commented.
NORA & LOLA:)