February 6, 2013

LEADING LADIES ...



Dear readers, I am participating in Alphabe-Thursday where ‘L’ is for *L*EADING *L*ADIES …

BTW I was going to publish as this week’s *L* my latest Your *L*ola *L*ifeline! But my post bag and email box are so full of your queries for me to address it’s simply impossible to select the most pressing! And the problem is that they’re ALL pressing! How have you coped all this time?! Anyway, I will publish the next Lola Lifeline as soon as I possibly can …


In the meantime, here’s this week’s *L*offering … There have been so many *L*eading *L*adies in movies over the years, it’s hard to pick out favourites. Here are just a few:
1.      Grace Kelly (above in: Dial M for Murder, and below)
2.      Sophia Loren
3.      Greta Garbo
4.      Lauren Bacall
5.      Brigitte Bardot
6.      Ava Gardner
7.      Marilyn Monroe
8.      Marlene Dietrich
9.      Elizabeth Taylor
1.      Rita Hayworth

1 And never forgetting, of course, Miss Piggy resplendent in Louis Vuitton …  Miss Piggy rools OK!

ANY FAVORITES HERE? ANY LEADING LADIES OMITTED?
Do tell me! And do check out other Alphabe-Thursday posts  @ Jenny Matlock, Ruby Tuesday & Rednesday!
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who visited or commented.
Enjoy!
XOXO LOLA:)

20 comments:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I've always loved Sophia. I think she is so classy...

carol l mckenna said...

Fun post and great 'photos of leading ladies' ~

Carol of: A Creative Harbor ~ visiting from Alphabe Thurs.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Lola and Nora,

All fabulous leading Ladies - my favourite I think would have to be Grace Kelly, wasn't she beautiful.
Love Miss Piggy too.

Happy rest of the week
hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection of leading ladies!

Stacia said...

Miss Piggy! Definitely the best.

Along These Lines ... said...

Miss Piggy would NOT be pleased at being last on the list.

Along These Lines ... said...

Miss Piggy would not be please at being last on the list.

Unknown said...

These ladies have such elegance!

SarahBeth said...

They were all classic beauties! Good thing you included Miss Piggy or she would have been very upset :)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

ha ha ha miss piggy at the end, love it

Esther Joy said...

All your leading ladies made me smile, ...but I surely smiled the most when you ended with Miss Piggy! LOL!

Eden House News and views said...

When did leading ladies stop being so graceful ? Thank you for reminding me

bichonpawz said...

Love Sophia Loren...and Elizabeth Taylor in her day...but what about Ann Margret? Isn't she in that category too? Oh...and Jane Fonda is looking pretty nice for her age too!! I don't look that good now and I'm a lot younger than she is!! :)

Hope all's well with you two!
xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

Susan Anderson said...

I love Grace Kelly.

And I would like to have added Audrey Hepburn!

=)

Ralph said...

They are all lovely leading ladies, although I would say Grace Kelly is just right at number 1.

I really like her in Rear Window too. Her presence exudes class to any of those roles!

Jackie said...

Hi Lola. I don't know how I missed this for the letter L. But I did. I am here now and this is great.

You picked some of my very favorite leading ladies ever!

I hope you are having a great week!
Jackie Expression Needed! :-)

Hootin Anni said...

I remember 'em all!!!

Happy Ruby Tuesday.

namaki said...

How beautiful is Grace Kelly ! Her daughters certainly look like her ! She's wearing a beautiful red dress too !
Thanks for sharing !

Liz said...

Stunning ladies but Miss Piggy is my fave.

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Jenny said...

What absolutely lovely leading ladies!

It sometimes seems like the age of elegance in the movies is long gone!

Thanks for linking.

A+