The Artist became the first silent film to win the top prize at last weekend’s Oscars, taking the award for Best Film and Best Actor. Meryl Streep (below) won Best Actress for The Iron Lady. Same awards as for the British BAFTAs two weeks ago!
Here are some of the most striking frocks on display:
1. Emma Stone (Giambattista Valli, above)
2. Meryl Streep (Lanvin) 3. Natalie Portman ( Dior)
4.Gwyneth Paltrow (Tom Ford)
5. Glenn Close ( Zac Posen)
6. Viola Davis (Vera Wang)
7. Jennifer Lopez ( Zuhair Murad)
8. Penelope Cruz (Armaini Privé)9. Angelina Jolie (Versace and THAT leg!)
10. Michelle Williams (L Vuitton) And now a gown that, unfortunately, resembles landlady gold lamé rather than a golden screen star. Dressing like an awards statue is no guarantee you’ll actually win one:
11. Stacy Keibler (Marchesa) 12. Kristen Wiig (J Mendel) – a feather duster?
13. Sandra Bullock (Marchesa) – walking on her knees?
WHICH WERE THE EVENT'S HITS & MISSES…? AND, ER, THE MOVIES TOO!
Do check out other Alphabe-Thursday posts @ Jenny Matlock.
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who have visited or commented.