December 19, 2012

EXERCISE ...



Dear readers, first of all, season’s greetings!
This week, in Alphabe-Thursday, ‘E’ IS FOR *E*XERCISE …
The longevity Olympians enjoy is within the reach of everyone, experts say.
Research published on the British Medical Journal (BMJ) website suggests athletes live 2.8 years longer on average than the average lifespan. But the rest of us could have a similar "survival advantage" by doing a little more exercise (the recommended level of physical activity for adults is 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise per week).  
With this in mind, here are a few examples to get us going:
Power walking (above)
But some encouragement is also important since, let’s face it, we’re not always in the mood and it’s often easier to exercise together:
And not forgetting, of course, a bit of stretching to start with:

Then some swimming:
Followed by some contact sports:

And finally, since we’ve earned it – some well-deserved rest:
Do you manage 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise per week as recommended?
Do check out other *E* posts - Alphabe-Thursday  @ Jenny Matlock, Ruby Tuesday & Rednesday!
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who have visited or commented. Happy Holidays!
XOXO LOLA:)


19 comments:

Naperville Now said...

guilty of NOT exercising(but loving the animal pics). find me sled-pulling huskies and I'm all in!

EG CameraGirl said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the smiles. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos ~ they make exercising so natural and fun ~ Happy Holidays ~

(A Creative Harbor ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol )

Anonymous said...

I love the way you've demonstrated each of these skills. Very cute!

Jim said...

So Nora, do you do the 150 minutes? My doctor said for me to regular walk 30 minutes most every day.
..

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

such cute puppies
Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

Rinkly Rimes said...

But they all die YEARS before we do!

Unknown said...

This post is filled with such fun!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

LOL love it

Susan Anderson said...

haha

Pretty cute!

=)

ImagesByCW | OceanDreamIllustration said...

Hehehe - cute photos!

Stopping by from Alphabe- Thursday - mine for letter 'E' @ ImagesByCW

Unknown said...

Ahh the dogs! Too cute

girlavantgarde.com

Ralph said...

Stretching is a fine way to wake up your muscles, and swimming is a great low-impact workout. Of course, together is a way to achieve goals...we ought to emulate the animals as they continue their workouts. Cool post!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A fun post with a great variety of photos! Adore the little eyes in the last photo!

Liz said...

Cute photos. Merry Christmas!

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Tracey said...

Oh, my dear Lola... first thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and second, I'm guilty of getting none of the 150 minutes of exercise!! although, I'm trying to change my lifestyle and get back on track before I'm as big as a house!! Love to you Lola... and your mom!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Not-so-happy campers eh?

Visiting late from Ruby Tuesday.
Hope you can still drop me a line at my RUBY post.
Happy Holidays!

Jenny said...

That was the funnest Exercise I've ever encountered!

Perhaps I will be motivated to do some of the same in the New Year!

I always enjoy visiting you!

Sending you wishes for a Merry and Bright year's end and New Year along with your...

A+

LV said...

That is just the cutest ever pet presentation. Sure puts s different perspective on exercise.