Dear readers, this week, ‘W’ is for *W*eird and *W*onderful Spanish fiestas! In Spain, there’s always a fiesta, local, regional or national. Andalucia alone has 3,000 annually ranging from romerias (pilgrimages), verbenas (night fairs) to ferias ( fairs) and festivales. Here’s a taste:
1. San Sebastian’s La Tamborrada
2. La Tomatina in Buñol
3. Holy Week processions take place every evening pre Easter
4. Puppets stuffed with fireworks set on fire on day of La Crema
5. A nominee for Queen of Santa Cruz carnival
6. Warriors parade celebrating Moros y Cristianos in Alcoy
7. Puerta del Sol, Madrid – New Year’s Eve
ANY WEIRD / WONDERFUL FESTIVALS WHERE YOU LIVE?
Do tell me! And do check out other Alphabe-Thursday posts @ Jenny Matlock!
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who have visited or commented. And to new followers too.
Have a great weekend!
Enjoy and see you next time,