January 26, 2011

MOVE OVER JANE (FONDA, THAT IS). THERE'S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK!

MOVE OVER JANE! THERE’S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK…!

Dear readers, I am participating in Alphabe-Thursday where ‘P’ IS FOR *P.E*. Hang on! Don’t run! Well, not before I can tell you about these easy Yoga-Lite routines!

Gym membership expired? Too cold and wet for that early morning jog? Bad memories of those old Jane Fonda exercise routines? But Christmas excess still need shifting; still experiencing that post-Christmas bloated sensation? Fear not! Help is at hand with the following easy peasy Yoga-Lite exercises which you can perform in the comfort and warmth of your own home even while reading your favourite blogs!

So without any further ado, let’s start our morning exercise – just 15 minutes - guaranteed to make us all fit and fabulous!

Here’s our fabulous new instructor, Yoga Bear from Aktari Zoo, Finland (below). All ready then, got those (never worn) leotards on?
Here goes:
Exercise 1: Both feet up like so…
Well done! That wasn’t too difficult now was it?! Let’s try some more…
Exercise 2: Left leg stretch… Ooh! Did that pull something…?
Exercise 3: Right leg stretch… Ooh! Aah! Exercise 4: Right groin stretch… more Ooh, Aah!
Exercise 5: Right leg stretch a bit more… Hey, move over Jane! We’re getting the hang of this now! Getting in our, er, stride… Exercise 6: And… relax! Repeat as often as required to regain that pre-holiday season svelteness!

Well, how was that, dear readers? Feel more relaxed, less bloated? We all know how important daily exercise is. However, I do realise that, however well motivated we are, we don’t always feel like exercise, whether strenuous:

or gentle. When we simply can't face the thought of any form of work:
And that even the mention of the word can scare some stiff to hide under the covers:
When all we want is simply to chill out and zzzz:
Well, how was that for you? Do you do regular exercise? If so, which do you prefer? Any hot tips? Do tell me! And do check out other Alphabe-Thursday posts @ Jenny Matlock!
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who have visited or commented. Have a great weekend!
And see you again for Ruby Tuesday!
Enjoy!
XOXO LOLA:)

25 comments:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

very very cool! I'm missing my yoga this week because the Sundance film festival has taken over my yoga studio! I would love to take classes with that cute guy....

mub said...

This was SUCH a hoot! Thanks for the laugh tonight!

jordiegirl said...

Loved the photos of the bear working out.

I'm suffering with a particularly aching hip at the moment and I haven't exercised for some time. I haven't put a load of weight on over Christmas either so I'm okay.

linda said...

A fun post...love it.

LV said...

I need to get more exercise. I do not try very hard in the winter, but do a lot of yard work in the summer. I get plenty then. I like the kind the little bears are doing.

Anonymous said...

So very funny! I just love your yoga bear!

Teresa

Terra said...

Hilarious! That was super fun!

bichonpawz said...

Lola! I love the Yoga Bear! Very cute!! Hope all is well with you and Nora...especially love the picture of you snoozing!

Judie said...

HAHAHAHA! Nola! I LOVE this! And I really need the exercise. The most physical thing I have done since Christmas is turn on my Kindle and turn the pages! What a wonderful post!!!

Ames said...

You are such an inspiration! Hee! I can do this!!Loved your post.!!~Ames :)

Dominique Goh said...

That's a really cool- Yoga bear.. hmm something easy enough for me to try out at home with the baby.

Theresa Plas said...

Very cute Lola!

Unknown said...

Oh, that is too adorable! :)

Michelle said...

Terrific fun - great post!So so funny!! :-)

tania said...

Too hilarious for words Lola! :D

Gabe said...

I don' think I can sit and touch my toes like that:) But I could definately use a good work out thanks for the reminder!

Maggi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA Thanks yoga bear! Not doing much of exercising since I'm pregnant but I'll be exercising hardcore in a few months!

Holly said...

Fantastic pics &advice- as always!:-)

fredamans said...

That made my crappy day all better. Thank you.

Jenny said...

What a perfect link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'P'!

You made me smile!

I'm totally going to try the bear workout! I think I might be able to manage it!

Thanks for being so perfectly wonderful.

A+

Jan said...

Fabulous post-always so witty & amusing!You made my day too! ;)

Mike said...

Think I can manage those exercises too! Many thanks!Really enjoyed this great post.

Maude Lynn said...

That bear is the funniest thing ever!

French Fancy... said...

You have got so much patience to upload all these funny photos

kisses to Lola

xx

Su-sieee! Mac said...

hahahahahahahaha. The bear can lead me in exercise any time.