May 25, 2011

HAUTE COUTURE 2000-2003


Dear readers, I am participating in Alphabe-Thursday where ‘F’ IS FOR *F*ASHION – HAUTE COUTURE 2000-2003!




Btw Thank you all so much for helping to make my novel, The De Clerambault Code - that I’ve just had issued in ebook format and wrote about in my last post – reach the TOP 50 psychological thriller category of Amazon’s eBooks! Woohoo! And all profits to charity too! I’m so grateful to all you dear readers wherever you are! Incidentally, in answer to the question I asked about the future of the traditional book, some of you commented you like its feel and smell (!) and could never see yourselves without it, but a small majority preferred the convenience and compactness of ebooks with book storage space at a premium in some homes.

But, where was I? Oh yes. In Monty Python’s immortal words, and now for something completely different! Fashion. Here’s Part One of a little retrospective: Haute Couture 2000-2003 (rest of the decade to follow soon!).
1. John Galliano for Dior, 2000 (above)
2. Laetitia Casta, YSL, 2000 (below)

3. Donatella Versace, 2000











4. Alexander McQueen for Givenchy, 2001

5. Valentino, 2001

6. Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, 2002
7. Ungaro, 2002
8. Versace, 2002
9. YSL, 2002 10. Linda Evangelista, Chanel, 2003 11. Naomi Campbell, Elie Saab, 2003 12. JP Gaultier, 2003 13. Valentino, 2003 WHICH DESIGNER(S) DO CONSIDER THE MOST OUTSTANDING IN THIS EARLY PART OF THE LAST DECADE?
Do tell me! And do check out other Alphabe-Thursday posts @ Jenny Matlock!
And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who visited or commented.
Happy Ruby Tuesday (Works of the Poet)& Rednesday (Sue loves Cherries)!
Enjoy!
XOXO LOLA:)

22 comments:

Tracy said...

Maybe I should get you to search me out a black and white number for my daughters wedding next may

Unknown said...

Hey daaaaahling, congratulations, that is fabulous news about your book. I am so happy for you!
Of course you know I'm going to say John Galliano for Dior even though he is involved in that horrible mess. Also Alexander McQueen.
*kisses* HH

Anonymous said...

Fashionista for sure!
~Jo
Lazyonloblolly

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Oh my!

I can't wear anything that doesn't work with boots...

sigh..

GYPSYWOMAN said...

well, i love love love the ungaro 2002 and the valentino 2003 pieces! just right for the gypsylife!

and great news on your book!

Michelle said...

Downloaded your e-book couple of days ago, am half way through-really enjoying it! Hubby wants it as soon as I've finished.!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nora and Lola,

I love the collection of Chanel, with Karl Lagerfeld. All the pale pink and ruffles are cute.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

Theresa Plas said...

Congrats on your novel success and enjoyed the funky fashions:)

Unknown said...

I don't think these would work with my lifestyle, but they are amazing.

bichonpawz said...

I'm going over to order the book too!!!

I love Versace and Valentino!!

Anonymous said...

Yessss that feather dress! love it.


Enter my $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway!

xoxo
Miss Neira

Annesphamily said...

Fabulous! You always have great fashion sense over here! Have a great week! Anne

EG CameraGirl said...

I confess that I cannot see myself wearing any of these. :)

Jenny said...

The YSL one totally made me laugh. It might be figure friendly for us chubby girls, though! Definitely hide every flaw!

Thanks for a fun stop this week.

You are fabulous!

A+

Mike said...

Now I've got it downloaded on my Kindle, am going to read the novel on my commute into work.

H said...

I am not at all knowledgeable about fashion, but is that spikey purple sea urchin looking thing on her head supposed to make her look attractive or artistic or something?

tania said...

Love the eBook-great read.

Betty said...

Well, I don't think I could wear any of them. Maybe number 9. Kidding! I'm afraid I'm not too fashionable.

Anonymous said...

love these fashion photo shots.

enjoy a blessed weekend.

Unknown said...

Hee. Some of the fashion on your list had me laughing at the absurdity! Thanks for sharing such a fun post! And congratulations on making to the top 50!

Haute World said...

Thanks for this retrospective! I quite like the YSL looks, although the 2002 pieces is pretty much unwearable. I did see that in person though and it's pretty fun. I think McQueen's own collection (not pictured) was very interesting in the early 2000s as well.

★Carol★ said...

Congrats on the success of your book! I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but #9 looks like a walking condom! I don't know a darn thing about fashion, but #5 looks like something that maybe I could wear. The rest of it is way over the top!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol