FIRST OF ALL, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, DEAR READERS!
AND WELCOME TO LOLA’S CHRISTMAS IN JULY PARTY GIVEAWAY!
THIS IS A MINI-MEME! THE CHALLENGE IS TO POST TWO LIES AND ONE TRUTH. CAN YOU SPOT WHICH ONE IS THE TRUTH? THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE MY GREATLY COVETED LOLA AWARD (BELOW)!
THE COVETED LOLA AWARD!
Two of the statements below are FALSE! One is absolutely TRUE! The question, then, is which? The correct one drawn (see below!) will get the greatly coveted LOLA AWARD! After all, everyone gets an Oscar these days. But who do you know has a LOLA? You’ll be the envy of all your friends, neighbours, blogpals!! Here, then, are the three statements:
1. When she lived in LA, Nora met and chatted with Paul Newman who told her he preferred eating incognito in small, unassuming restaurants to avoid the paparazzi and hangers-on waiting outside to pounce...
2. Nora is related, albeit very distantly, to London Mayor, Boris Johnson (below). Both are fair-haired and prone to waffling and bumbling ineptitude. Both studied Latin! But while Boris’ side of the family has Turkish forebears, Nora’s is totally British born and bred. Here's Boris:
BORIS JOHNSON, MAYOR OF LONDON!
Oops! Grrh!! Wrong pic again, Nora !! Grrh...Grrh...!!! True both gents have fair hair and first names beginning with "B" but that's probably where most similarity ends, don't you agree?!! Anyway, here's our one and only Boris:
THE REAL BORIS!
3. Early in her career as a would-be writer, Nora did a trainee stint at one of the UK’s tabloid newspapers. It was there she developed the habit of alliterative allusion (“sliding down the slippery slope of sloppiness... beacon of beauty in a desert of deficient desolation”); bombastic hyperbole (“Stop Press! Your Lola Lifeline!”) and over-use of exclamation marks!!!!
Remember, only ONE of the above statements is TRUE! It’s up to YOU to decide which!
To ensure the judging is as fair and impartial as the recent Iranian elections (No! Seriously! Just joking!), I have asked P (who’s extremely independently minded) to conduct the task: the winner will be randomly drawn from all the correct answers after the DEADLINE OF MIDNIGHT (BST), JULY 31. (Can’t entrust Nora with such an important task - too useless for words!) And I will announce the winner ASAP after the final deadline!
THE RULES (*STERN LOLA FACE*!!!):
1.You are a follower of The Lola (oops!) Johnson Diaries! Already one? Thank you! If not, just be sure to click on the followers link (right) before entering!
2. Leave your answer in the comment box below.
3. Accept the LOLA AWARD, post it on your blog together with my name and blog link.
4. Pass on the Lola Award plus mini meme.
And remember, this may be a Once-In-A-Lifetime-Offer! So hurry! Enter now!
Buche de Noel, Fauchon
And now, after all this Christmas excitement, I’m going to creep back to my basket for my beauty sleep (yawn), but do help yourselves, my dear readers, to some pistachio bûche de Noël (above) and egg nog (below) on your way out! Oh, and do please close the door firmly as you leave... don’t want to be woken up by the merry clinking of all those glasses (snore)!!!